Sunday, July 7, 2013

Beauty Buys

     Hello All! It has been a while. Life got in the way, but inspiration struck! Recently unemployed, I have some time on my hands. So what to do??? Watch beauty tutorials on YouTube of course! These very helpful videos have become very popular in the last few years. Ladies (and men) everywhere have posted great ways to bring the beauty out of you! After watching many videos, I ransacked my makeup bag and discovered that I need to update my basics as well as get some new ones. Off to my local drugstore and beauty shops, I came home with some goodies. Below is a chat of what I go!

New Beauty Buys!



COVERGIRL cream makeup / Almay Intense i-Color Smoky-I Kit for Brown Eyes / e.l.f. Studio Under Eye Concealer Highlighter / CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm, Sunscreen SPF 15, Spice 270

     Starting with the gloss balm, I got it at Ulta for $1.89 on sale! The color is Spice and is feels nice on the lips. Also at Ulta, I purchased the blush in silky touch rose color and the Covergirl BB cream. BB creams have recently gained popularity and after using it I can tell why! This tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 have over great benefits! E.l.f. dual concealer/highlight is staple for those party bags us girls have under our eyes!  E.l.f. brand makeup is a bargain! Their quality products are inexpensive and can be found at Target, Kmart and online.
     At my trip to CVS, I got the remainder of my products. Revlon and Physicians Formula had a very good Extrabucks deal going on. Spend $10 on Revlon products get $4 Extrabucks back! Spend $10 on Physicians Formula products get $6 Extrabucks back! So through multiple transactions and some math, I got these awesome products at discounted prices! P.F.'s shimmer strips custom eye enhancing eyeliner trio is the most exciting product. You use the three sticks; champagne, pewter, and black, to create a Nude look of liner around the eye. Of course they can be used separately to enhance any look! Next item that was a steal at CVS was the Almay intense I-color smoky-I kit for brown eyes. I had a $3 off coupon plus $2.50 Extrabuck rewards that made this purchase about $3.50. This palette is great for a quick color combination on the eyes for daytime. Last, is the Essence of Beauty brow and lid kit. I have been looking for the right products and tools to tame my eyebrows. This kit is a lucky surprise! At $7 it includes; brow color, eye shadow trio, dual color eyebrow pencil, a dual end eye shadow and liner smudge brush, a brow brush, and 3 brow stencils. Again, with some Extrabuck rewards it was like $1.67 for me!
   
    Above is a picture of my beauty look after using some of the products. I used the BB cream, blush, concealer, powder, my other eye shadows, two of the P.F.'s eyeliners, volume mascara, gloss balm, and red/orange lipstick. It's a lady-like daytime color combination with pinks, light shimmer, brown liner. Took about 5 minutes to do. My hairstyle is a half updo with braids connecting in the back. My vintage looking flower earrings complete the look!
    Below is my complete makeup collection so far. I would like to add more basics. Thinking about subscribing to one of those beauty boxes. Need to do my research and see which is the best fit for me.

    I will try to post some vlogs about my makeup routine in the next few weeks. I have been cleaning up my memory card on my digital camera. I would also like to buy a makeup/beauty book that is a manual for everything. I want to try contouring! Thanks for reading and see you next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment